Whether you stayed out last night working hard or partying it up, the mornings can be rough. That could partly be due to dehydration and suboptimal nutrition.
Here are some things that can help:
- Vitamin C: Antioxidant which may protect your cells from stress-induced damage. May also help with immune support both during and after that weekend of fun.1 It’s water-soluble so any excessive will be excreted. 1000mg per day is more than sufficient.
- Magnesium: Many people do not realize they are deficient in magnesium. This nutrient may help with stress and muscle relaxation. It may also decrease the frequency of migraines.2 60mg/day is a good place to start.
- Vitamin B2: Also known as riboflavin, B2 supplementation may prevent migraine headaches.3 And since it’s water-soluble, any excess will be secreted.
- Vitamins B6 & B12: May provide the mental clarity and energy you need, without the jitteriness of other aids (like caffeine or energy drinks).4 Since these vitamins are water-soluble, any excess will be secreted.
- Electrolytes: These are minerals that can conduct electricity when dissolved in water, including sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, phosphate, magnesium, etc. It is especially important to continually replace your body’s sodium and potassium stores, which are often depleted when dehydrated.